I live with my husband and my two children in Ward 11, where both of my children attend CBE schools.
I have been the CBE Trustee for Wards 11 & 13 since April 2015. I have learned a lot from you since then. Students, teachers, parents, and community members teach me so much. Thank you. You have challenged me, you have inspired me, and you have ignited a burning in my belly. Because of you, I gladly put my heart and soul into fighting for a strong, vibrant, and well-funded public education system.
I feel like I have just scratched the surface of what I want to do as your representative. I have much to add to the conversation, and much much more to learn. I would like to continue to be your elected representative at the CBE, and continue to be your voice at the table for education in Calgary.
More about Julie:
- Trustee representative on the CBE Elders Advisory Council
- Alberta School Board Association (ASBA) Zone 5 Representative
- Member of the policy committee at the Calgary Women’s Centre
- Board Member of the Arusha Centre
- Community leader, coordinator and mobilizer in Calgary for 15 years
- Past Registrar of Glenbrook Community Preschool
- Recipient of Alberta Centennial award for community leadership
- Winner of YMCA Peace Awards for human rights work in Iraq
- Long-time advocate for education, childcare, school-age care, health care, affordable housing and human rights
Contact Julie’s team at email@example.com